Great ruin Erfenstein overlooking Erfenstein and the Spangenberg. The counts of Leiningen have built this castle, which consists of two castles, nothing is preserved from the upper rear castle. The climb is worthwhile, it gives the view of Spangenberg and the village of Erfenstein.
February 20, 2019
The castle Erfenstein was built in the middle of the 13th century by the counts of Leiningen. In 1470 the castle was destroyed. Erfenstein, a rectangular keep on a rock, has been preserved and renovated. The ruin belongs to the three - Burgenweg Erfenstein, Breitenstein and Sprangenberg.
May 31, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!