The Sulzburg offers great as a rest stop. It can also be grilled in front of the castle.
This year a pretty heart: d2exd72xrrp1s7.cloudfront.net/www/000/1k1/1a/1abw6sc2xx0p11s71v40mj038y21jdimcj-uhi678950/0?width=3072&height=2304&crop=&q=70
January 26, 2017
Since the 14th century, the Sulzburg appears in documents. The first known owners were the Lords of Neidlingen. From about 1395, the Sulzburg Wuerttemberg fief of a branch of the Lords of Speth.
During the Thirty Years' War, the castle was occupied by imperial troops and destroyed, but then rebuilt.
After the Speth had died out, 1650 Philipp Ludwig of Cannstatt received the Sulzburg as a fief. His daughters sold the plant in 1693 for 4,500 guilders to the Duchess mother Magdalena Sibylle, the resident in Kirchheim widow Duke Wilhelm Ludwig. Until about 1700, an old castle guard lived upstairs, then the long-dilapidated walls became uninhabitable.
1966/67, the ruin was secured and partially rebuilt.
August 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!