Ottensoos is one of the oldest recorded places in eastern Middle Franconia. It was mentioned in a document from King Ludwig the Child as early as 903. The center is the church, which was built around 1300 as a Romanesque church and which was surrounded by a double wall ring. Three arched windows are still preserved from her in the choir. After the destruction by Bavarian troops, the late Gothic hall church was built in 1471, which impresses with its slender, round rows of columns with beautiful vaults. There are a number of Gothic works of art in the church.
Open: from Easter to November daily in the afternoons; Saturday and Sunday all day.
February 9, 2019
More information at: urlaub.nuernberger-land.de/poi/kirche-st-veit-in-ottensoos.html
July 21, 2020
From Ottensoos via Rüblanden to Deckersberg or vice versa!
June 9, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.