The dam was built between 1905 and 1908  as a drinking water dam by the city of Remscheid. Several stone tools from the Stone Age were found.The capacity is six million cubic meters. The Neye stream is dammed. The dam is a curved gravity dam made of rubble masonry based on the Intze principle.The reservoir can be hiked around in about three hours. The paths run directly along the water and lead exclusively through the forest. The shortest way to go around the dam is around eleven kilometers long and is very popular with joggers and walkers. The larger Bevertalsperre and the small Schevelinger or Silbertalsperre are very close by. An underground tunnel leads from the Silbertalsperre to the Neyetalsperre and from there to the Bevertalsperre, known as the Bever-Block. The dam, which was built as a drinking water dam and has been in use for many years, has been operated as a process water dam since 2004. Drinking water should only be withdrawn from it if there is an acute shortage of water.
November 28, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!