Neideck Castle became the seat of the Counts of Schwarzburg-Arnstadt, Arnstadt thus the residence city. When Prince Anton Günther II died in 1716, the residence was subsequently moved to Sondershausen. The castle was now almost empty and was also used as a stable. Stones were removed to build bridges. The decline began, finally collapsed in 1779 in part. In April 1945, the tower was damaged by American artillery fire. The castle Neideck serves today as an outside backdrop of the boarding school building in the television series Schloss Einstein (Wikipedia).
January 5, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.