The history of the "Augustiner an der Krämerbrücke" can be traced back more than 700 years. Nothing is known about the year of construction and the original use of the two buildings. It is certain that around 1310 they belonged to the "curia of the pharmacist Heinrich von Alch". It is also reported that the respected Erfurt citizen Sigismund Thomae de Stockheym acquired the house zur Steinecke (Horngasse 4) in 1484 and rebuilt it into a university hospital. It can be considered certain that during this time there were lively contacts between the university hospital and the nearby Augustinian monastery. Source: augustiner-erfurt.de/unser-gasthaus
December 27, 2018
In late 1258 Augustinians settled in Gotha. From there they tried in 1266 the founding of a convent in Erfurt, but were expelled again in 1273 from the city. Only the formation of a brotherhood - a "staff community" - gave a renewed foundation in 1276 inventory.
August 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.