The church is built in Romanesque style in red brick and slate roof. The church was consecrated on December 21, 1891 together with the church in Mosevrå as a replacement for the last thatched church in Denmark. The churches in Oksby and Mosevrå are built according to the same drawings, but the church of Mosevrå is in a smaller format. From the old thatched church come the ship model and the late medieval altar figures carved out of wood. A painting with the portraits of the apostles from the period around 1650. The rest of the inventory is largely from 1891. In the pulpit are 3 wooden reliefs from 1950, the entry into Jerusalem, the prayer in the garden of Gethsemane, the crucifixion and the Resurrection, represent.The church is open when staff is on site and in church activities.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!