The church staircase ends at Tuchmacherplatz. It was in the Middle Ages property of the church and was built in 1850 with neat steps and railings. The stairs were one of the four old fire lanes between the Ruhr and the Oberdorf. To the right and left are houses, of which especially house no. 4 is historically remarkable; It was already known in 1368 as "Bacharach's house". There lived a family from Bacharach, who grew wine for the Abbot of Werden in the area of today's street "Am Weinberg". Next to house no. 5 is the Kettwiger "night watchman", a handicraft work by Bernhard Nicolai.
September 12, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.