Bike Touring Highlight
The current church was built in 1751 because the church was too small. This predecessor church, whose year of construction is unknown, was demolished in 1750. From it, however, is the wooden tower. The hanging Peter's bell dates from the year 1489. Another bell from 1722, the clock bell from 1718. A bell from 1650 was, as it was supposedly "unmelodious", voluntarily given in the First World War as a metal donation. In 1925 two new bells were acquired and dedicated.Following the west tower, a hall church with six-axle long house was built in the 18th century. The interior is covered by a semicircle. All around are Priecheneinbauten as supports. The choir room is separated by the altar wall. Behind the altar wall was formerly a sacristy until the age of renovation in the 70s of the last century was reset. Today, the area behind the altar serves as a working space for the parish priest (Küster).Source: Copyright © Kirchengemeinde Helstorf
July 16, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.