Bike Touring Highlight
In the lower reaches of the Rance formerly existed many tidal mills. The mill of Beauchet, outside of Saint Suliac is mentioned in 1542 in a document. Today's buildings date back to 1882, when the mill was rebuilt after a fire. As a tidal mill, the plant was in operation until 1962, after which it was electrified. In 1980, after the construction of the barrier at the mouth of the Rance, the mill was shut down. The plant is completely preserved until today.
June 12, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!