The Beuron Danube wooden bridge is a 73-meter-long covered wooden bridge and leads over the Danube at Beuron. It was put into operation in 1801 and served until 1975 the complete traffic. After the construction of a reinforced concrete bridge, about 100 meters down the Danube, it was dispensed with for traffic, completely restored in 1976 and returned to its original state. It was renovated in 2005 and is now only available to pedestrians and cyclists.  On a map, which is an appendix to the "Report Proofs of the Stift Beuronische Reichsunmittelbarkeit" of September 15, 1787, one recognizes that already in the 18th century, a covered wooden bridge existed.
May 30, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.