The castle was built around 1100-1150 and was built by an unrecognized free noble family from the Fridingen area. Around 1200, the "Lords of Bronnen" were first mentioned.
After the war ended in 1945, the castle was confiscated by the French. Through an overheated fireplace it came on December 23, 1946 to a devastating Dachstuhlbrand. Once again in the possession of the Lords of Enzberg, the fire damage was repaired from 1947 to 1949 and a new roof truss was built. In 1988, the hunting lodge was renovated inside.
July 30, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!