One of four former sow gardens in the Dresdner Heide. Now large crossing and rest area (with shelter).
Excerpt from Wikipedia:
Laid out as a 0.4-hectare Treybegarten around 1560, the Dresdner is the oldest of the sow gardens and was the only one up until the 18th century. The location was chosen in the middle of the Dresdner Heide because it was supposed to be the main starting point for the hunts of the Saxon electors. In this context, the cartographer Johannes Humelius also created a new star-shaped network of paths, in the center of which he is located. The numbers 1 to 8 on the wayside pillar erected at this location symbolize the eight star wings emanating from here.
December 29, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!