Bike Touring Highlight
The building was built in 1928 as the first church in Pivitsheide and served as both a church and a community center. The donated church was built by the YMCA according to plans by the architect Schmiedeskamp from Billinghausen.
In 1965, in Pivitsheide, the construction of a larger church with a separate parish hall began, this church was inaugurated in November 1966. Three years later, the old building was sold to the kitchen manufacturer Bax, who used the premises as a warehouse in the following years.
In 1989, the Evangelical Free Community Pivitsheide acquired the now threatened by decay village church and renovated them on their own. Since 1990, it has been used by the EFG as a church again.
May 13, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.