The Lambertikirche, also called St. Lamberti Church, is a Protestant bishop's church in Oldenburg (Oldb), Lower Saxony. It stands northwest of Oldenburg Castle. The contrast between the exterior design of the building, which suggests a neo-Gothic hall construction, and the interior design of the church with its classicist rotunda is remarkable. The tallest of the five towers of the church is 86 m high. This makes the Lambertikirche the tallest building in the city and shapes the silhouette accordingly. The church was named after St. Lambertus and is the main church of the Oldenburg regional church
August 19, 2020
A neo-Gothic hall church on the outside, a classicist rotunda on the inside, that's the specialty of the Lamberti Church. Built in its original form around 1200, demolished in 1795 except for the outer walls. Then the round church with a glass dome was built. The church tower and the four corner towers were added from 1885 to 1887.
November 11, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!