The history of the old slaughterhouse goes back to 1891, when the construction of the Halle cattle and slaughterhouse on the site of the former Freiimfelde manor began. He provided the city's residents with meat from cattle, flocks and pigs. Due to the increasing demand, the area was expanded extensively, especially in the years 1932 to 1939.
Like so many businesses, the slaughterhouse was closed at the beginning of the 1990s and has been a listed building since then due to its architecture. Recent plans to examine the site as a site for a school have been rejected by the Halle planning committee, so the site continues to fall into disrepair.
September 2, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!