On the site of the current town hall was an older building with outside staircase and pillory. He had to be stopped in March 1750 due to dilapidation. The new town hall is a three-storey building with six window axes in the main view and a mansard roof, in the center of which stands the dome-covered clock tower. The facades are divided by belt cornices, the windows are provided with profiled frames. The gargoyles with their beautiful silhouette stand out on the two roof corners of the market square.
On the ground floor impresses the broad, arched portal, crowned with the coat of arms of Prince-Bishop Karl Philipp von Greiffenclau (1749 - 1754). Two smaller escutcheons are leaning towards the center. On the left, with the horse's head, the coat of arms of Baron von Zobel, who often put the officials in Röttingen, and on the right the coat of arms of Röttingen.
January 30, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.