"In 1783, the two brothers Henrich Johann and Henrich Oberste Frielinghaus found a hard coal bank extending from the Muttenbach to the east under the Dickenberg in the Muttental. The minefield extended by another seam was awarded in 1789 under the name Jupiter. A conveyor tunnel was driven into the mountains, through which the two seams Jupiter 1 and 2 were cut off. But even this operation rested for a long time, since here too the transport route to the Ruhr was too cumbersome. But after the Fortunastollen resumed its operation in 1830, the two mines were connected by a crossroads. The Jupiter 1 collapsed in 1847 from the shaft Juno. In the first time, the coal was mined in the 20-meter deep shaft with a hand-reel. The Juno shaft was sunk in 1856 by another 21 meters down to the St. Johannes Erbstoleensohle. In addition, a Pferdegöpel was built on the shaft. The Göpelschacht was for many years in operation and in this area the last of its kind, until it came in 1887 for temporary cessation. Many years later, Jupiter small mine operated a mining mine at various locations in the Muttental. Its first funding agency from May 1934 lay east of the Muttenbach. The entrepreneur Georg Horst had coal mined there, which he promoted and sold in the immediate vicinity. The relics from the mining industry are still available and can be visited at any time. The remnants of the loading facility shown here consist of a winch, a rotary tipper and the lug mouth of the old Jupiter colliery. "Source: 7grad.org/Exkursionen/NRW/Muttental/Verladeanlage/verladeanlage.html
The mining rights of the Jupiter colliery were muted in 1783 and awarded in 1788. In the 19th century, the colliery was operated by the fort Fortuna to the east. The mine also included the tonnage shaft Juno. In 1862, the excavation field below the bottom of St. John's Erbstollen was consolidated into the Vereinigte Bommerbänker Erbstollen colliery. The remainder of the field continued to operate intermittently until 1887.
In 1934, the mine went under the name Muttental again in operation, which lasted until 1950.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!