The beautiful buildings in which the Camphill community Königsmühle is today are significantly older than the facility itself. The history goes back to the beginning of the 18th century.An application for a well house is known from 1719, whereupon the foundation stone was laid in 1721. The expansion to a sawmill, which was powered by the stream that meanders along the Königsmühle, soon followed.After the buildings burned to the ground during the Napoleonic Wars, the royal mill was rebuilt in 1860. It became a natural health institution. In 1888, the design of the main building, which can still be seen today, was completed with the tower and a restaurant was opened. Despite interruptions due to family ownership and the turmoil of war, the Königsmühle remained a popular Neustadt hotel and restaurant business until the 1980s.
February 22, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.