From the city pool to the breweryThe building of the Wuppertal Brewery was opened on July 19, 1882 in the city center of the then independent town of Barmen as a bathing establishment and was one of the first German public bathsBack thenAt that time it was not yet common for apartments to have a bathroom. The bathing establishment was primarily used for personal hygiene. The Barmer Badeanstalt had separate swimming pools for men and women, as was the morality of the time. There was a bathtub station for individual body care.Monument protectionUntil it was closed in 1993, the listed bath consisted of an indoor swimming pool and a smaller pool, the former “ladies bath”.
The swimming pool was closed on June 30, 1993 due to a lack of profitability.modificationAfter extensive renovation work on the listed building, the former Stadtbad returned to life in 1997.todayToday the Wuppertal brewery is one of the most popular locations in the Bergisches LandSource: wuppertaler-brauhaus.de/das-brauhausde.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadtbad_Kleine_Flurstra%C3%9Fe
June 19, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!