Bike Touring Highlight
Here, among other things, there is a boundary stone with a church symbol and initials. The little church of St. Peter, formerly located in the Vorster area, is the oldest church in the Kempener Land. It also had a school that was financially supported by the owners of the surrounding farms, especially from the Route Castle. In 1745 Gerhard Elspasch made 200 thalers and five acres available for this purpose. On the boundary stone from this time, the three Greek crosses on a St. Andrew's cross symbolize Mount Golgotha. The initials "SP" stand for Sanctus Petrus.
April 12, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.