In 1946, the Lamberti community bought two organ works from the master smith Philip in Algermissen, namely the 1754 for Wrisbergholzen and the organ built in 1765 for the church in Rautenberg. Other pipes and organ parts were bought, so the decorated with faces and z.T. gilded prospect whistles. They come from the St. Martinini church Hildesheim abandoned in 1857 and had been sold in the meantime to Hilter (Teutoburg Forest).
The Hildesheim organ builder Ernst Palandt has set himself the task to combine these parts into an organ work.
Ernst Palandt wrote on the organ chair "Ao Di (anno Domini = in the year of the Lord) 1946 is sub (= under) Past (ore) Dr.M. Storch dies organ work by Mr. E.Palandt newly built in memoriam aedificat (oris) organi et civis Novae urbis J.M. Naumann et eius magister Arp Schnitger "(= in memory of the builder of the organ and citizens of the Neustadt J. M. Naumann and his teacher Arp Schnitger."
In 1960, the work was completed. From 1992, the care of the organ was in the hands of organ builder Franz Rietzsch, Hemmingen. he made the not yet connected Principal playable, built a plunger into the organ, and made the movement easier to play.
January 30, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.