Originally a well house, today an event room.The pavilion is named after Duke Friedrich von York, 1763-1872. The naming of the building after the son of Princess Sophie Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and King Georg III of Great Britain, Ireland and Hanover is further evidence of the special connection between Bad Rehburg and the Welfenhaus. His brother Ernst August König von Hannover was also one of the noble spa guests.The Friedrichspavillon was first recorded in the building inventory of Bad Rehburg in 1891. It was originally a well house and stood near the springs in the spa facilities. When these dried up, he was transferred to the promenades, which were used by the spa guests to stroll. The Friedrichspavillon was renovated in 1997 and taken over by the Bad Rehburg cultural preservation association. Today it is primarily used to hold cultural events.
April 6, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!