The castle with hipped roof and sandstone portal was built in 1678 by Hans Andreas von Schönstett. The chapel of the Conception of the Virgin Mary, which belongs to the castle, with its impressive Doser altar dates from 1726/1728.
In 1751 Röthenbach was sold to the hammer master family Ertl. In 1801 the castle passed through marriage to Eduard von Grafenstein (1776-1824), district judge and lord of Gänlas, who thus founded the Röthenbach branch of this Bavarian aristocratic family.
It was acquired by Amberger BAUART GmbH in 2018. Since then, the castle has been gradually renovated.
The iron hammer belonging to the castle is mentioned in the Bohemian Salbüchlein of Emperor Charles IV in the middle of the 14th century. Previously, a lead melt should have existed here
April 2, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.