The Nikolaikapelle in Soest in the immediate vicinity of the Patroklidomes has due to its special design an art and building historically excellent place among the chapel buildings of Westphalia. It was built around 1200 in the immunity area of St. Patrokli Monastery.On November 24, 1852 Adolph Kolping founded in the chapel the journeyman association to Soest.The chapel is a two-nave hall church. Their two ships have the same dimensions and are divided by two slender columns. The structure, built in the Romanesque style, is reminiscent of a ship: the two pillars, unusual in Romanesque style and carved out of one stone each, stand in the interior like the masts of a ship and resemble a vaulted sail. The catchy, because immediately vivid assumption, the chapel has received the design of a cog, but could never prove. The science of history sees the construction today rather in connection with the adjacent collegiate church (Patrokli Cathedral): Probably the canons here have read masses for their deceased spiritual brothers, which is the Nikolaikapelle as a memorial chapel to address.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaikapelle_(Soest)
July 2, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!