1080 Foundation of the monastery by Count Otto von Northeim.
15th c. Start of construction of the Minster Church in place of a previous church whose location is unknown.
17th century Task of unfinished church construction. The sacristy of the church has been preserved and represents the still existing St. Blaise chapel with the above monastery library and the adjacent cloister remains.
In 1476, the framework of the old Latin school was built on the boundary walls of the Romanesque chapel on the east side and is one of the oldest half-timbered buildings in Northeim.
After the Reformation came the decline of the monastery and the use of the area as a monastery.
Around 1730, the timber-framed buildings were built above the cloister with the west wing.
End of the 18th century. Task of the Münster Cemetery and transfer of the land from the monastery chamber to the city with the obligation not to build.
1965-71 abandonment of the monastery property and demolition of agricultural buildings.
1973 Completion of the shopping center.
1976-83 Excavation work, restoration of the St. Blaise chapel with remains of cloisters and other parts of the building.
(Source: Information board on the building)
June 19, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.