The Grenzlandturm (645 m) near Neualbenreuth is a lookout tower in the north of the Upper Palatinate near the Czech border. At the beginning of August 1958, the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft decided to build the observation tower. At the end of July 1960, construction began, which is a wooden structure with copper cladding. The 20 m high border tower was inaugurated on June 4, 1961. The viewing platform at a height of 19 m can be reached via 82 steps. From there you have a wide panoramic view of the Egerland and the Stiftland. The tower is one of the observation towers of the Upper Palatinate Forest Association and has been in use since 2006.
January 22, 2019
The Grenzlandturm was inaugurated on June 4, 1961 with a festival program after hard work and great personal contribution. It has become a symbol of freedom and loyalty to one's home. He also expresses the solidarity with the compatriots from the Egerland. The tower is supported by the Grenzlandturm working group, to which the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft, the Upper Palatinate Forest Association, the Egerer Landtag, the home association of Marienbaders, the tourist association and the community of Neualbenreuth belong. In the garden of the tower area, in a pavilion on a scale of 1: 6, there is a model of the Tillenschutzhaus of the German Alpine Club of the Eger section, which stood on Tillenberg until 1945. Outside the tower area there is a
April 18, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!