Below the castle ruins Hardenberg, directly at the entrance of the castle park is the grain distillery Hardenberg.
Their history goes back to the year 1700. In this year Fritz-Dietrich von Hardenberg founded the grain distillery Hardenberg. In 1971, the grain distillery Hardenberg took over shares of the traditional Danziger liqueur factory "Der Salmon" (founded in 1598). After German reunification, the company bought the Saxon distillery in Wilthen in 1992 and integrated it into their company. The tradition of this house goes back to the year 1842. (Source: wikipedia.de)
The distillery can be visited (including tasting). The corresponding information can be found on the homepage of the Hardenberg BurgHotel: burghotel-hardenberg.de/erleben-fuehrungen-brennerei.html
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!