The three-story house with the imposing Mansart half-hipped roof was built by mirror factory director Christoph Hummel around 1770 and sold to the ducal church council in 1773.
In 1795 it was bought by the manufacturer Friedrich Holzmann, who in 1799 sold it to the Court Marshal Friedrich Camill Marquis of Montperny. His wife, the "French Countess", gave the house the nickname "Schlössle".
In 1816 a Louis Bruckmann bought the property, which was foreclosed in 1880. Friedrich Wüst was awarded the contract. Then it came into the possession of the Weinmann family. The brothers Friedrich and Robert Weinmann ran a natural whetstone factory in the outbuilding until 1925 and a general store until around 1960.
The listed building now belongs to a community of owners and was completely renovated in 2016. It cannot be viewed.
August 30, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.