The square gate tower was built in the period from 1375 to 1380. It limits south of the deep terrain incision of Sauklinge and carries the imperial and city arms, but the view of this is increasingly hidden from April by a tree standing in front of it.
The name "Stöberleinsturm" was given to the tower of the legend of the former mayor Stöberlein. This should have been walled up alive because of war treason. Another name would be "Hundsturm" because dogs were used to guard the city ditches.
In the 17th century it served as a log cabin for the accommodation of madmen. Today he forms the access of the tower tour to the covered battlion and holds on the right hand with the Stöberleinsbühne a small outdoor stage below the defense ramparts ready.
May 28, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!