The Beuron monks left because of the Prussian Kulturkampf in 1875 for 12 years the monastery.
The cultural struggle in Germany is traditionally the conflict between the Catholic Church under Pope Pius IX. and the Kingdom of Prussia or the German Empire under Chancellor Otto von Bismarck. These conflicts escalated in 1871 and were completed in 1878, but only diplomatically settled in 1887.
Before leaving, Brother Markus Hummel painted a picture of the painful Mother of God in the Chapel of Mercy and brought this tablet to a cliff on the way to the castle Bronnen.
In 1887, the monastic family returned from exile.
They also included Mrs. Cornelius Kniel, who, however, suffered from a serious illness. His parents made a vow that they wanted to build a place of worship in honor of Our Lady in a recovery of her son somewhere in the Danube valley. Frater Cornelius became well, a good father, and the parents made their vows. The rock face in the Liebfrauental was extended to a grotto and a Lourdes Madonna was made and set up there.
As early as 1892, the wish for a chapel in the Frauental was expressed, and soon a provisional little wooden hut was erected there. In 1956 Br. Xaver Huber had a new wooden chapel built. Father Tutilo Gröner painted the ceiling of the chapel with well-known Marian worshipers. In 1984, the chapel was completely renovated.
1892 was already a small garden in front of the Lourdes Madonna.
In 1950, the garden, fence and fountain were rebuilt by Br. Xaver.
In 1983, the benches of the plant were repositioned.
The hl. Bernadette in the garden was founded in 1952 by the Böhler family, Baiernfurt.
May 15, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!