Beautiful cycling & hiking trail around the lakes.
You walk right along the lakes.
There are plenty of natural & rest areas to rest.
In many places you come directly to the lake and can observe nature. At the Bärenschlössle there is food and drink and a beautiful view over the lakes.
There are also plenty of parking spaces around the lakes.
June 1, 2020
- near Stuttgart-Büsnau, Baden-Württemberg
- we are at the famous park lakes of Stuttgart (stuttgart-tourist.de/a-baerensee-stuttgart)
- there are a total of 3 lakes: the "Bärensee", the "Neue See" and the "Pfaffensee"
- All 3 lakes were created artificially by order of the Dukes of Württemberg
- This should secure the drinking water supply in Stuttgart
- "Pfaffensee" - 1566
- "Bear Lake" - 1618
- "New Lake" - 1833
- The lakes are "fed" by the tributaries "Katzenbach", "Steinbach", "Bernhardsbach" and "Glems"
- is located in the NSG "Red and Black Deer Park with Pfaffenwald" (stuttgart-information.de/parks-plaetze-viertel/Rot-und-Schwarzwildpark.html)
- heavily frequented when the weather is nice, on weekends and during the holiday season
- Recreational area close to the city
- but worth the trip!
November 13, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!