A lookout tower was built on the summit of Nützenberg in 1898 on the initiative of the manufacturer and city councilor Emil Weyerbusch.The Weyerbusch tower is built from Grauwacke and is around 25m high. 119 steps lead to the tower room and another 18 steps to the observation deck, which is 17 meters high. Citizens have little of that, however, because the Weyer Bus Tower has been closed for years.Opposite the Weyerbusch tower is the parking attendant's house, Haus Weyerbusch, from the same construction period as the tower. There is a playground around the Weyerbusch tower, where a summer festival takes place once a year. The natural high ropes course of the city of Wuppertal is also located here, but it is only open for groups and only after prior registration.
January 9, 2020
The Weyerbuschturm on the Nützenberg looks like it came from a fairy tale, it was donated in 1898 by a button manufacturer from the then city of Elberfeld.The Association for the Promotion of Historic Parks in Wuppertal is currently collecting donations so that the tower can be renovated and made accessible to the general public again in 2023 - 125 years after it opened.The story for reading: mailchi.mp/db4a3385b6f0/2020-12-09-foerderverein-sammelt-geld-fuer-weyerbusch-turm
December 9, 2020
The Weyetbuschturm is a beautiful eye-catcher in the Nützenberg Park, unfortunately only accessible on an "Open Monument Day". There are some play equipment for toddlers at his feet. A little further away you will find a large, beautiful playground, which was modernized a few years ago, as well as a high rope climbing garden (bookable through the city of Wuppertal).
January 8, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.