Bike Touring Highlight (Segment)
The name Laar probably goes back to hlar, which means "pasture ground". Laar (by Lare teghen Hombergh) was first mentioned in 1280 in a (lost) certificate of the Abbey Hamborn, which handles the fishing rights. The second oldest document of 1282 deals with the ownership, which until then had been with Mechthild von Holten, who sold the farm Laar in Amte Beeck but then to the monastery of the Cistercians in Sterkrade.
July 10, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!