About DiDo Schropa
Nach Schrottrobber-Vergangenheit "Foto-Flaneur" vor allem in NRW (incl. Zipfel Osnabrück) und BeNeLux,
Da Komoot die in den Fotos stets vorhandenen Metadaten nicht nutzt, um sie automatisch zu erzeugen, als Text unter dem Bild. Die Tour-Reports als Kommentar.
Wegen wiederholter Fragen hier kurz mein Verwaltungs-Workflow:
Touraufzeichnung seit 2008 mit Garmin Outdoor-Navi (habe ich immer noch gern wegen Bedienung mit Handschuhen), Fotos mit Digitalkamara. Mit Geosetter ( Windows) Fotos lokalisiert, mit Ortsnamen aus geonames.org und Standardeinträgen wie Copyright usw. versehen. Feinarbeit teilautomatisiert mit Titeln und Schlagwörten, der Nummer der TOPO-Karte etc. in Thumbsplus (und einigen Visual-Basic-Funktionen). Schließlich alle Metadaten in die Fotos geschrieben incl. Bewertung. Nur die mit >= 3 Sternen lade ich bei Komoot. Leider liest komoot bis auf die Koordinaten die Metadaten nicht aus und löscht sie sogar; und ich habe keine Lust auf stupide Kopierarbeiten für jedes Foto.
Bei dem Verfahren will ich einstweilen auch bleiben, Gründe:
Die Qualität der Originalfotos ist bedeutend besser als die komprimierte Komoot-Variante;
ich will sie offline behalten, denn ich will sie nicht verlieren, falls es komoot irgendwann nicht mehr gibt.
Ich bereinige die Tracks von Fehlmessungen; komoot kommt z.B. beim Höhenprofil i.d.R. zu stark überhöhten Werten.
Die Touren sind in MyTourbook und Basecamp archiviert incl. Foto-Waypoints, so dass ich jederzeit "weiße Flecken" (bislang unbekannte Wege/Areale) auf der Karte zwecks Tourplanung finden kann. In NRW benutze ich komoot bislang nicht zur Planung, weil bei aller Einfachheit manche "Geheimwege" nicht dargestellt sind.
Schließlich zeige ich die Tracks auch gern auf den digitalisierten historischen TOPO-Karten (TK25History): so sähe die Tour im Jahre xxx aus, das macht die Sache erst recht im Sinn einer Zeitreise spannend.
Mitglied der Genossenschaft der Liebhaber des Ungeschminkten Wallonien (GLOW)
und fotocommunity: fotocommunity.de/user_photos/2488
Kontakt unter didoschropa[ätt-Kringel]gmail.com
Sobald eine größere Nähe von Komoot zu Google oder Facebook und Konsorten sichtbar wird, oder gar ein Verkauf an einen der Giganten im Raume stünde, bin ich hier wieder weg. Lieber bezahlen als verkauft werden!
Die Touren, bei denen der Spass am Fietsen im Vordergrund steht, heißen "Rennrad" ; die Enteckungs- und Erkundungstouren sind "Fahrrad". Reisen firmieren als "Mountainbike", fiktionale und Zeitreisen als "Laufen". Einfach, um etwas Struktur in die "gemachten" Touren zu bekommen.
Das Datum ist bei jeder Tour im Format TT.MM.JJJJ angegeben, so ergibt z.B. die Suche nach ".10.2017" Touren im Oktober 2017.
Außerdem sind in Klammer die Kurznahmen der Regionen angegeben:
BL Bergisches Land
DG Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft Belgien
OS Osnabrück (-Land)
VG Themenschwerpunkt Verkehrsgeschichte
VT Virtuelle/kompilierte Tour, aus meheren Teiletappen zusammengefügtI.M. Jef Sprooten, Axel Brünig, Etienne Mayer.
- DiDo Schropa
Pedelec Solingen corkscrew - Niederberg - Untere Ruhrtalbahn - Nachtigallental (Pre-RS1) - Duisburg, increasingly cloudy, black. South wind, 13 °, 14 photos.
Recovery necessary because of the stressful, road-heavy themed tours (settlements, RS1 project), despite their short duration. Hence a leisure program on well-known railway routes.
Finally found the hidden and extremely messed up access to the Lower Ruhr Valley Railway after the interruption at the Ibing Brewery in Mülheim-Broich, which is still standing, but has been closed for many years. The southern bridge pillar is still clearly visible. The Ibing brewery directly behind it was subjected to an extensive interior inspection in the scrap robber style on September 12th, 2004, a few photos from that time have been attached.
Good timing. 10 minutes after the return start at the ship; but the "Rain Preview" app knew that an hour in advance.
about 21 hours ago
- 02:5032.3 mi11.4 mph750 ft750 ft
- DiDo Schropa
Sun, with SOS wind, 12 °, 226 photos
Conflicting goals: on the one hand, sunny and clear autumn weather is good for a recreational tour "Im Goldenen". On the other hand, SUNDAY, the only day of the week to cycle on the road network. Decision in favor of the latter as part of the exploration of the RS1 variants to extend westward from Duisburg to Moers or Krefeld. 6 days ago (komoot.de/tour/529088162?ref=wtd) already driving on the variant proposed in the feasibility study, today the "discarded" or obsolete variants including the Hochfeld railway-Rhine bridge.
1. So far planned route RS1 in Duisburg between Nachtigallental and Hochfelder Rheinbrücke: 2 km south of the city, urban landscape of the very rustic kind. Several engineering structures required for approx. 30 million euros. That is not much and corresponds to about 1 km of motorway. But actually the whole quarter should be redesigned ..
2. West end of the Hochfelder railway bridge to Krefeld-Uerdingen :;
Either through the green between Krupp Lake and the railway line; but then this is not a quick route. Or road-heavy through the Logport (formerly Krup-Hütte): large detours and road network exclusively geared towards logistics operations (truck).
And then a decision has to be made: east or west along the Chempark? To the east on the banks of the Rhine, it is industrial-aesthetically romantic. But narrow street with traffic congestion without the possibility of expansion. West is detour and strong bef. Street. Both are therefore a challenge.
3. Connection from the Hochfelder railway bridge to Moers: whether it's the shortest route (main road) or small detours via residential streets: either too narrow or mercilessly parked.
4. Direct route Moers - A40-Rhine bridge via Essenberger / Asberger Str .: moderately accessible. Road, too narrow for fast cycle lane (insofar the feasibility study is correct). In Moers partly not so bad bike paths, a few mini roundabouts, partly speed 30. In Duisburg classic bumpy curb path or none at all. After all, 2 km shorter than the feasibility favorite.
5th variant between the east end of the A40 bridge and DU-City: dam. Holper curb path on heavily bef. and parked street. You can leave it.
6. DU-City northern bypass: currently a passable cycle path with the exception of the slow-moving area at the theater. The street east of the main station is heavily used by buses, pedestrians, etc. Better leave it.
7. Why not Koloniestr.? The shortest connection from the Nachtigallental to DU-City is in fact the wide Koloniestr. with at least 4 car lanes and a cycle path on both sides. The bottleneck here is "only" the railway bridge on DB route 2323 100 m north of the Nachtigallental junction.
a) the feasibility study RS1-DU-Moers is OK.
b) Consistent, small-scale optimization of the Essenberger / Asberger Str. road would be 2 km shorter.
c) The connection of Krefeld-Uerdingen remains a challenge.
Dido learns how and where truck drivers spend their Sunday with driving bans. Apparently they communicate in their networks about parking options in areas with only weak parking pressure, as close as possible to customers, and hopefully form sociable and apparently tolerated (is actually special use) parking clusters there. High point in suitable weather, possibly. a Sunday brunch as a picnic.
Actually, fast and safe bike path connections could be found over weak. Realize residential streets. But they are all mercilessly parked, including the prohibited zones, for example at crossings, crossings, etc. Meanwhile, the 48 million registered cars as standing vehicles are a bigger obstacle than when they are on the move.
I got to know a nice new word: "gravel bulkhead". see photos at km 
Everyday cycling in this region is just plain annoying. Bad enough on Sundays.
2 days ago
- 02:1921.3 mi9.2 mph1,250 ft1,150 ft
- DiDo Schropa
cheerful, black SE wind, 13 °, 120 photos
Today the not yet visited settlements in the southwest of the city. For names and order of the objects see screenshot as "1st photo".
Most of them have already been changed beyond recognition and have been lost for monument protection.
Above all, the settlements are recognizable
- Borgholzstrasse or Borgholzwiese
- At the Schamberge
- At the Ruhrort with the bizarre grave land next to it.
The largest settlement Stahlhausen immediately south of the Westpark / Jahrhunderthalle is only preserved in a few fragments.
Today it is again noticeable that the architectural photos of the street are becoming increasingly difficult: more and more and higher (especially SUV, mobile homes) cars are in front of them. At the same time, the 35 km are enough: you not only have to compose the photos, but also avoid cars driving through the picture and at the same time constantly pay attention to the traffic and the road conditions. Fiett to yourself is different. Also quite hilly today.
There with RE11, back with RE1.
Dido's favorite today is the multifunctional transformer building and ex-kiosk with a chewing gum machine under the information box of the Protestant parish on Helmholtzplatz in Westenfeld; Photos at km 28.1 and nos. 41 and 42.
Instructive and behind the topic of Bochum settlements can be a catch for the time being.
3 days ago
- DiDo Schropa
Pedelec Krefeld - Promenade - Uerdingen Harbor - RS1 West - Duisburg, cloudy, black South wind, 14 ° 100 photos
Short tour with the following focuses:
- Art project "Stump-Sinn" on the Krefeld Promenade: the night before the opening, 30 trees were sawed off under the motto "Prevent root damage". The content is at least understandable, but the poor trees ... In any case, the city has made an art project out of it: artistically prettifying the tree stumps under the name "Stump-Sense". But in vain search: trees replanted, the project was temporary
- Promenade Hafen Uerdingen: Here Dido actually fell for a photo montage, which shows a nicely paved path on the banks of the Rhine harbor with "quality of stay". In fact, the status remains unchanged: paved paving with old industrial track, in the north it is beginning to overgrow. The buildings of the Holz & Willemsen oil factory (Howinol), which have been vacant for years, are now at least partially demolished. They have been empty for more than 15 years, see comparison photos from 07/28/2006
After a cruel journey in terms of traffic and route, via the L137 to Moers
- possible future course of the RS1 western part between Moers and Duisburg. The previous debates provided for a Rhine crossing along the Hochfeld railway bridge; but that seems to overwhelm the structure of the structure. Instead, it succeeded. To tackle the construction of the A40 Rhine bridge between Neuenkamp and Essenberg on a high-speed cycle path to the north; this even required an amendment to the Federal Trunk Road Act. The savings option favored by the current feasibility study (essen.adfc.de/fileadmin/Gliederungen/Pedale/essen/user_upload/Machbarkeitsstudie_Radschnellweg_Du-Mo.PDF) will be tasted in the third section of the tour. It mostly runs along roads with moderate traffic, on which the holy cow of the free parking spaces would have to be slaughtered.
Planning dilemma for the quite new A59 cycle path bridge at the ex-freight station in Duisburg: when it was planned around 15 years ago as part of the A59 extension, there was no talk of an RS1 in this area. Now the bridge is too narrow.
The favorite variant tested here (roughly) leaves an ambivalent impression on Dido: it would enormously upgrade the roads that are currently lousy for cycling. But the route makes a detour of more than 30% between source and destination; generally up to 20% are considered acceptable for expressways. The detours to the A40 bridge on both sides of the Rhine alone add up to just under a kilometer. Assumption: the slightly more expensive variants were not discarded because of the few million more, but in order to be able to present a convincing result of the benefit-cost analysis in the amount of 1.8 (compared to 1.2). Does anyone know more?
October 18, 2021
- DiDo Schropa
very cloudy, black South wind, 11 °, 125 photos
Continuation of yesterday's exploration; for concept and preparation see 1st comment there. Arrival with RE3 to Wanne-Eickel. From there about 14 settlements are checked, most of which can only be recognized as such on closer inspection: partially privatized and each one for himself and different from the neighbor.
The multi-storey and row buildings from later times are better preserved and recognizable.
The forced labor settlements in Bergen and at the Lorraine colliery are something very special. Primitive single-storey rows of bricks, still used today, in the case of Lohringen, pretty jeck by "students". Probably two of the few cases where you even bothered with extra stone dwellings for these people. This was certainly not done out of philanthropy, but served above all a longer period of wear and tear of the workforce.
At the very end, the settlements around the "Dreerhöhe" street with romantic allotment gardens type A (narchic) north of it are well preserved.
Despite the partial futility of exploration because of these three gems and the usual photo bycatch, I returned satisfied with S1.
October 17, 2021
- DiDo Schropa
Pedelec settlements BO West, heavily cloudy, black. West wind, 12 °, 175 photos
Continuation of the district settlement project. The very little local knowledge in Bochum can at least be replaced in preparation by the good information page of the Bochum Monument Office on the subject: bochum.de/Denkmalschutz-/-Denkmalpflege/Denkmalliste-der-Stadt-Bochum/Siedlungen as
Today around 15 settlements in Wattenscheid, Günnigfeld, Hordel, Hamme, Grumme and Altenbochum. They present themselves in a different state of preservation. Settlements that are not listed as such can often only be recognized at second glance. Attachments and conversions as well as mobile elements can be described as follows:
- Wooden hut from the hardware store
- trampoline (often already yellowed)
- car-friendly: garages in the period of the first car craze in the 1960s and 1970s. However, due to the growth in width of the vehicles (approx. 20 cm according to ADAC) and occupants (approx. 5 cm), they are too narrow and have mutated into barrier-free basements. The standing vehicles now in the garage driveways, sealed front gardens or wild on the streets.
Those who want it to be "beautiful" limit themselves to the settlements
- Hanover Colony
- Dahlhauser Heide
- Grummer Karree (built around the same time as the Erzbahn in 1927 by the Bochumer Verein and renovated in an exemplary manner)
- settlement Freilrafenallee (cooperative project 1920s).
But Dido loves the anarchy practiced also in the "inconspicuous" settlements and of course likes to collect ;-)
As usual, some treasures from the area and the new section of the RS1 in nirvana between Essen, Gelsenkirchen and Bochum.
Arrival with RE3 to Gelsenkirchen, back with RE11 from BO Hbf.
October 16, 2021
- DiDo Schropa
Pedelec Geldern - Duisburg, covered, black-m. WSW wind, 12 °, 54 photos
Just used the diverted RE10 that was trimmed at the north end to travel to Geldern.
In addition to some lengths, especially today:
- pretty narrow path through the green in Geldern
- Near-natural retention corners on the Geldern Fleuth
- a bit adventurous between Fossa Eugeniana and Welber-See (quarry pond), including an otherwise well-hidden poultry farm
- Attractive large asparagus landscape in Rheurdt
- Demolition of the Mittal plant in Duisburg-Hochfeld Süd for the north expansion of the Rheinpark almost complete.
October 14, 2021
- 03:4837.7 mi9.9 mph2,125 ft2,100 ft
- DiDo Schropa
Niko, Laurent Axel, Dido, sun, black. NE wind, 18 °, considering the companions only 41 photos
Rail route round in the historic industrial and rail region in the triangle near Aachen.
The highest point is of course on the border between the Netherlands and Belgium. We use the railway lines (RAVEL) on the earlier lines 38, 39 and 39a.
Similarly, Dido tasted this tour three years ago and tried to explain / photograph it: komoot.de/tour/45990329?ref=wtd
The former Laschet tunnel is exciting, the photo on the information board at km 17.6 (photos 9 and 10).
In the meantime, large parts of the RAVEL network have been maintained and equipped with the excellent RAVEL design features - great!
The southern section of the RAVEL39, on the other hand, is a bit "German": gravel and too narrow for serious encounters, let alone overtaking. Instead, the former ceramic booth on this route has been completely demolished and turned into a park. Dido took the liberty of adding a few photos of the situation between the shutdown and the demolition on 09/11/2004 at the appropriate place.
Arrival and departure of the NRW people with RE1 and the typical NRW quirks. All the same. Great day and again very "gezellig".
Final munch in the "Fritüre Centraal" with sparrow portions ;-)
October 10, 2021
- DiDo Schropa
Pedelec holders - green - Duisburg, sun, black. ONO wind, 17 °, 65 photos
Sunny again; no photo light for material shots. So after arrival with RE2 through the green north-west of the area with a lot of forest and sometimes quite fragmented agricultural landscape ("park landscape"). There are also three railway routes (numbering according to achim-bartoschek.de/bahn_nw.htm).
On the Dorstener section of the Hamburg-Venloer railway route, the right of way for cyclists has probably been lifted again? Who knows more or is Dido wrong?
After all the green, Dido finally feels at home again on the HOAG-Trasse Oberhausen ;-)
October 9, 2021
- 03:3936.9 mi10.1 mph950 ft950 ft
- DiDo Schropa
Sun, black NE wind, 9 to 17 °, 100 photos
Today there is a conflict of objectives between moderate photo light (sun, contrasts) and having fun at Fietsen. All the same; advanced with RE2 to Haltern and stroll through several typical area remaining landscapes, e.g.
- converted Köttelbecken Sickingmühlenbach, Freerbruchbach (Marl), Haarbach (Gladbeck), Kirchschemmsbach (Bottrop)
- Nirvana between colliery AV 3/7 and A53 in Marl
- Grove at Picksmühlenbach in GE-Hassel with industrial relics
- A52 accompanying route in GE-Scholven.
- Bridge OB-Lindnerstr. for the 3rd track on the direction of Arnhem ready
- The cycle path on the Rhine-Herne Canal in DU-Obermeiderich is being renewed and is therefore currently closed.
In spite of the questionable photo quality, satisfied today.
October 8, 2021