St. Lorenz is a Gothic church in Nuremberg. The Lorenzkirche was the parish church of the medieval settlement center of the former imperial city of Nuremberg, which is located south of the Pegnitz, and forms the urban equivalent of the older St. Sebald church in the northern district. Construction of the three-aisled basilica was around 1250, the late Gothic hall choir was completed in 1477. Patron of the church is Saint Lawrence. The construction, which was severely damaged during the Second World War, was rebuilt on the old model.
January 2, 2017
The Lorenzkirche is a widely visible landmark of Nuremberg and is one of the three most important churches. The "Star of St. Lawrence", a stone rosette and the imperial coat of arms welcome visitors on the west facade, inside are precious testimonies of Nuremberg artists and one of the largest organs in the world.
July 8, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!