The hay bridge was formerly bordered by two towers. One of the two towers is called the guilt tower and is still standing today. At that time the bridge was also called the guild tower bridge or the bridge near the guild tower. It was built as a wooden bridge behind the rampart of the penultimate city wall from 1320/25 over the southern Pegnitz arm between the rear Great Island of Schütt and the Lower Bergauerplatz. In 1485 it was replaced by a stone building together with its northern extension, which connects the island with the opposite churchyard of the Holy Spirit Hospital (today: Hans-Sachs-Platz). In 1488 a martyr's column was erected on the hay bridge to commemorate Hans Held, who had drowned in Pegnitz. Around the middle of the 19th century, both bridges had to be widened due to the need to expand existing roads.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heubr%C3%BCcke
January 26, 2020
The Heubrücke is a bridge in Nuremberg and spans the southern arm of the Pegnitz.
The road bridge connects the St. Lorenz district with the island of Schütt.
The debt tower is a tower of the penultimate city fortifications of Nuremberg.(Source: Wikipedia)
March 8, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!