In the high altar of 1782, reconstructed in 2007, there is an oil painting depicting the adoration of the Madonna by Saints Liborius and Meinolf. It was painted before 1678 by Johann Georg Rudolphi and donated to the church in 1813.
The baptism is an eight sided calyx of sandstone, it was made in the 16th century.
The Kreuzwegbilder were created in 1911 by Heinrich Repke.
The graceful wooden Madonna was carved in the first third of the 15th century.
The Pietà made of wood was built around 1900 in the Wiedenbrücker school.
A large traffic light made of brass with rich Treibarbeit is designated 1706, it was donated to the church of Godehardus Finckenberg from Corvey.
The wrought-iron clock tower was built in the 18th century.
January 23, 2017
The Catholic parish church of St. Nikolai is a Grade II listed church building in Marktstraße. The large pseudo-basilica of plastered quarry stone with a sweeping transept and a retracted choir with apse end was built from 1766 to 1770 as a five-axis, west-facing hall with retracted tower in the style of the Weser Baroque. The facade is elegantly curved towards the square. Lambert von Fisenne expanded the church in 1896 by a choir, a transept and aisles in neo-Romanesque forms considerably. Today's interior is a pseudo basilica vaulted on round pillars with dice capitals. The 1905 made by Karl Vath painting was restored in 1995 only in the two eastern yokes to findings. In the high altar of 1782, reconstructed in 2007, there is an oil painting depicting the adoration of the Madonna by Saints Liborius and Meinolf. It was painted before 1678 by Johann Georg Rudolphi and donated to the church in 1813.
April 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.