Parts of the castle, which was built at the end of the 13th century, can still be seen in the interior of the castle courtyard on the gothic gate, built out of humpbacked blocks. The still existing gate tower was set in 1513 before this gate passage. Until 1705 there was a drawbridge here. The medieval castle probably consisted of a residential tower whose outer walls are identical to those of today's west wing, and a house whose floor plan corresponds to today's south wing. In the area of today's east wing were probably only smaller buildings. The medieval castle was protected by a picket fence. The two gates to the forecourt immediately connected to the water surface. The outside of this water surface was horseshoe-shaped surrounded by a palisade fence. The palisade was missing on the courtyard side because it would have provided cover to an invaded enemy. A second horseshoe-shaped fence surrounded the forecourt to the north, door to door. The total length of the palisade was about 175 meters, to which about 1750 piles were needed. As late as 1503, a Neuneckische Zinsbuch shows that the farm-builders of Rodt had to deliver a total of 1800 piles.
August 16, 2019
The cafe in the castle Glatt offers super delicious and huge cakes, pies and ice cream at absolutely fair prices (as of 05/2018).
After a piece of Black Forest cake you should not drive more, with the size of the cake pieces is already properly Kirschwasser in it.
Delicious!!!The rustic decor and the terrace overlooking the moated castle Glatt are greatschlosscafeglatt.de
May 4, 2018
The farm museum is located in the Zehntscheuer, built in 1811, of the moated castle Glatt in Sulz a. N .. It is in the succession of 1965 opened Farmers Museum in the Horb a. N .. When a temporary accommodation for the farmer's museum was sought, the choice fell on Glatt. The sponsorship was taken over by the newly founded Zweckverband Bauernmuseum. After the expansion of the Zehntscheuer, the Bauernmuseum was opened in 1996 in a newly designed form. In 2010, the Zweckverband decided to remodel the permanent exhibition in a contemporary manner. The Bauernmuseum reopened in 2013 with a new thematic structure and new didactics. The museum gives an insight into the rural-rural life of the region on the upper Neckar until the middle of the 20th century.
The focus of the documentation is rural craftsmanship and work in the fields from seed to harvest. In addition, the museum is devoted to rural living and clothing production. In the exhibition, the social and political structures of the village are illustrated. The agricultural association and school system is also in the field of vision. The exhibition area covers about 400 square meters on two levels. Thanks to many donors, the museum fund could be increased considerably.
August 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!