freely accessible / always open
Such a particularly high and strong wall secured this castle of a branch of the Lords of Gundelfingen to the mountain side. During renovation work by the district of Reutlingen in 1973/74, moreover, the remains of a quality humpback Quaderbergfrieds Staufer time were uncovered. The complex can be easily reached in a few minutes from the village. An orientation table informs about the history of freely accessible festivals, which first appeared in the written sources in 1296.In the baroque parish church Bichishausens St. Gallus, the epitaph with heraldic ancestral test of the last lord of the castle and his wife has been preserved: Heinrich Treisch von Buttlar, once imperial councilor and participant in the Turkish wars, found his last rest in quiet Lautertal in 1541. His wife Anna, born Truchsessin von Ringingen, died in 1545. Thereafter, the castle arrived on the heritage road to the house Fürstenberg. Its colors blue-white-red adorn next to the Württemberg black and yellow today the Buswartehäuschen on the Lautertalstraße, so reminiscent of the old border and not, as one might, has something to do with France!
March 13, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!