In front of the Teatro Massimo is a large square with a crowd with music and noisy traffic. It used to be a church and the monastery of San Giuliano. They let it demolish and made room for the opera house. At the main entrance to the Teatro is a portico of six Corinthian columns in front. There are two lion sculptures on the left and right of the staircase.
The first performance was in 1897 with Falstaff, Verdi's opera.
May 14, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.