The lower pond used to be the lowest basin of a pond for supplying the "Loher Hütten und Hammerwerke" with water energy. The "Loher Hütte", a steel hut first mentioned in 1439, was in operation until around 1877. The coal shed (Brücher Weg) and the hut master's house (Altlohe) have been preserved. Today, the Loher Weiher is a refuge for animals and plants. Source: Flyer Kindelsbergpfad
July 12, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.