Here on the plateau under the Himmerich (366 meters) stood from 1921 to 1933, the holiday home of the Friends of Nature Cologne, a resulting from the labor movement tourist club. In 1933, the club was banned by the Nazis, the house looted, demolished and sold. Read on the information board posted there (see photo).
July 30, 2017
The latite mining on the Himmerich was started in the 19th century, in 1896 it was operated by the Doloritwerk Himmerich. The recovered material was transported to the Mucher Wiesental by means of a brake mountain, from where two cable cars with a total length of 1.15 kilometers led to just before Bad Honnef, overcoming an altitude of 190 meters. The quarry at Himmerich was shut down as early as 1910.
December 5, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!