The Protestant town church is a listed church building in Grötzingen. The church was first mentioned in documents in 1255, before the Reformation the church was a Catholic church. The building was restored in 20009 and the bell tower is 48 m high.
February 1, 2020
In the place of today's Protestant church there was already a small chapel in the early Middle Ages, later a Romanesque choir tower church. In the 15th century, the church was renewed and enlarged in the Gothic style and finally completed with the construction of the west tower.
The interior of the church is dominated by a crucifix made by a South German master from around 1500. The furnishings also include the painting of the choir arch from the same period, several tombs and the modern triptych by the Grötzingen artist Helmut Lingg.
January 29, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.