In 1971, the Oberbergische Kreis acquired the Gaderother grain and sawmill, threatened with demolition (built in 1884), had it carefully dismantled and rebuilt at Schloss Homburg. A water pond ensures that the mill wheel is still powered by water today. In addition to the mill technology, the museum also provides interesting facts about everyday working life and myths about the mill industry.Opposite the mill is the middle of the 1980s from Wiehl translocated bakery. There, an exhibition completes the path from grain to bread. A special feature is the tuff stone built so-called Königswinter stone oven.Source: Information board: The project "Mills and hammers left and right of the Rhine".
October 23, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!