The 153-step tower is encircled by 34-meter-long Douglas-fir tree trunks in the Mikado rod-look, but since the opening of the tower in 2002 again and again cause trouble: The approximately 100-year-old tree trunks were from the Hurricane Lothar in 1999 been like. With a wood volume of 8-10 m and about 10 tons, they were already too heavy for the originally planned helicopter transport to the tower. In the following years, they were repeatedly attacked by pests, which had a temporary blocking of the tower result. In a final renovation, the logs are now to be replaced by steel columns.
June 27, 2015
From Schloßberg you have a nice overview of the whole of Freiburg.
The many paths up there are landscaped laid out, partly over stairs and asphalt.
From Schlossbergring about 300 meters directly up. Or z. B. from the castle garden with little slope and about 800 meters.
July 13, 2019
The Schlossberg takes its name from the "Castrum de Friburch", a hill fort built by the Zähringer Duke Berthold II around 1091.
In the following centuries, the history of Schlossberg is essentially a history of castles, fortresses and fortifications built there. The last fortifications built by Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban under French occupation (1677-1679) blew up the French so thoroughly before their final withdrawal in 1744/45 that only one rubble cone and the neck trench remained of the former castle.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlossberg_(Freiburg_im_Breisgau)
October 28, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!