The Lindau Chapel in Amöneburg brings the believers from many places in the surrounding area together - e.g. during the pilgrimages on the occasion of the Magdalene Octave in July - and can therefore be seen as a unifying symbol for the pastoral association of St. Bonifatius.
January 24, 2021
In 1343, a chapel was built above the now defunct village of Lindau, which was dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. Therefore, the chapel is also called "Lindau chapel".
The destruction of the chapel in the Thirty Years' War (1618 to 1648) did not prevent people from keeping the annual processions here that had been common for centuries - now to the ruins of the chapel.
Over 200 years later, in 1866 the broken walls were broken down and the present chapel was built in 1868.
Information board on the outer wall. Suitable as a starting point for hikes, but only a few parking spaces.
August 26, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!