Bike Touring Highlight
The predecessor Hugenpoets, the Motte Nettelshof, was first mentioned in 778 as Nettlinghave toe Loepenheim as the royal estate of Charlemagne. Later Nettelshof was an upper court of the Abbey Werden, with which Knight Vlecke von Hugenpoet was lent in 1314. At that time, the system was used to control the Ruhr Bridge leading to Kettwig, which Duke Wolfgang Wilhelm of Palatinate-Neuburg had demolished in 1635.
April 27, 2020
Castle Hugenpoet is a three-part, surrounded by forces moated castle in the Essen district Kettwig in the immediate vicinity of the castle Landsberg. His name can be interpreted as a "Toadstalk", which gives an indication of the marshy floodplains in the Ruhr valley. Since February 1985, the plant is a listed building and today serves as a hotel restaurant.
January 10, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.