Bike Touring Highlight
The district court has its seat in Heespenhof. The Heespenhof is a listed palace that was built in 1754 for the conference councilor Christian Friedrich von Heespen (* 1717 in Lübeck; † 1776 in Schleswig) as a residential building. Heespen belonged to the Hemmelmark and Deutsch-Nienhof estates as agricultural property. The staircase, which was built with great effort, and the stucco decoration is reminiscent of the times of the court in the Gottorf Residence. (Source: Wikipädia)
November 24, 2020
The district court is located in the Heespenhof on the Lollfuß in Schleswig. The Heespenhof is a listed palace, which was built in 1754 for the conference council Christian Friedrich von Heespen (* 1717 in Lübeck, † 1776 in Schleswig) as a residential building. Heespen belonged as agricultural property the goods Hemmelmark and German Nienhof. The staircase, which has been produced with great effort, and the stucco work, recall the times of the court in the Gottorfer Residenz.In the first decades of the 19th century, the Danish Foreign Minister Ludwig Nicolaus von Scheele became the owner of the palace. From this time the house is also called the Scheelesche Palais. Scheele was an advocate of the interests of the Danish state. In the Schleswig-Holstein survey in 1848 he had to flee from Schleswig. After the Battle of Idstedt in 1850 during the First Schleswig War, the Danish Lieutenant General Christopher von Krogh had his headquarters here. After the German-Danish War in 1864, the Prussians took over the building and set up the district court. Between 1867 and the Reich Justice Reform in 1879 it housed the district court of Schleswig.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amtsgericht_Schleswig
July 24, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!