Bike Touring Highlight
Parish Church of St. Remigius SchlechingThe old Schlechingen parish church of St. Remigius was assessed in 1732 as dilapidated and in danger of collapsing. For this reason a new church was built in the following years.
It was decided to rebuild the dilapidated parish church and since the originally planned builder Johann Michael Fischer did not submit any designs, the church builder Abraham Millauer was finally commissioned. In 1735 Millauer delivered the plans for the new church building and so the Marquartstein District Court had the demolition begin on March 15th (according to other information on March 12th) 1735 (the tower fell over by itself), but without first informing the bishop, who issued reprimands and only approved the construction plans after a long wait. The shell was already in place in 1736, but it would take around 20 years before the parish church was consecrated. Since there was not enough money, the construction work had to be suspended and could not be completed until 1758. On August 6, 1758, Bishop Franz Carl Eusebius Erbtruchseß and Count zu Friedberg and Trauchburg consecrated the parish church and its new altars.Source: chiemgau.fandom.com/de/wiki/Schleching
August 24, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!